I went to a wedding today! For those of you that know me, know that I've been really enthusiastic about weddings for a while. I've never attended a wedding ceremony, just the banquets. Also, I've only attended weddings of family members, family friends, or parents' employees. I've never attended the wedding of someone around my age or a friend's since none of my friends have gotten married yet.
So my boyfriend's friend got married, and 1) that was cool because the couple is around our age - 27, 2) I went to the ceremony!, and 3) plenty of guests were our age, too. In fact, several of my friends attended this wedding, too. First, we went to the chapel, which was situated in a very lovely location. [ I'm going to keep all identifying information confidential. ;) ] There were some really great shots of the surrounding environment. Although I had never attended a ceremony, I knew exactly what was going to happen. I guess the movies really helped educate me in that aspect. :) So there was the dress, the veil, the ring exchange, the candle ceremony, and wedding cake-shaped bubble blower things. People were blowing bubbles at them as they walked out of the chapel. I like that idea better than throwing rice at them. =P Next up was the banquet at a very well-picked location in San Francisco. The banquet was similar to the other ones I'v been to, and it was a fun one, especially since I knew most of the people at my table and also because the other people were easy-going. There was plenty of food, and three of the young-uns at our table left early so there was more food for the seven of us still eating there. I loved the slide show that they had. There was also a dance floor and DJ who played 80s and early 90s - things we listened to in high school. I think there are many of us who are approaching this 'marriage age',... and it feels weird and so soon...
Quite a few of my classmates are getting married this summer, as is my friend! Many of my classmates are already married or recently married... I've been surrounded by people who talk a lot about marriage, so I'm constantly reminded of it.