|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Whenever I drive past this one intersection, I always see the same and different people working that corner with their homeless signs asking for money. All the signs say 'God Bless.' Some of them use wheelchairs, some use crutches, and some just stand... today was interesting... When I drove by this morning, a man that was smoking was holding up a sign for money. I thought that he should have tossed the cigarette to make a more likely story, but apparently he was being honest. The money was going to go to his addiction. I mean, he didn't say it on his sign like some people in SF: one man had a sign that said "I'll be honest. This is going towards the booze." However, did he really expect people to give him money to feed his habit? I thought that was that, but I was wrong. When I drove by later in the afternoon, a woman was sitting on the ground doing her makeup while asking for money... She had a large bag next to her, too... I heard the most convincing way to get money is using pets. Apparently people are more likely to give money for pets rather than people.

// posted by Jen @ 12:13 AM

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com