I think there's a fork thief in the house... we started off with a lot of forks, and for some reason.. there's only one fork left in the house. How did that happen? Where did it go? Fork thief... You all be careful.. this fork thief is on the loose.
I read an article that said that 'stressful events that involve both grief and humiliation, such as messy romantic breakups, are linked to higher risk of major depression than "merely" painful events, such as the death of a loved one, according to a recent study. Researchers found losses that involved lower self-esteem were twice as likely to trigger depression as ones that involved loss alone. This was particularly true of breakups that were initiated by the other partner or that involved infidelity or violence. "The most toxic combination was loss and humiliation that in some way directly devalued the individual." (Bits and pieces taken from "Bad Breaks: Humiliating Splits Can Trigger Depression" by Willow Lawson in
Psychology Today.
I know we learned this in school, but I forgot when we italicize, underline, or quote... We underline book titles, italicize magazines, newspaper article titles, and put quotations around movies??? Correct me...
That virgin
thread on the forum is as interesting as ever...