I can't really imagine people saying "I love you" in Cantonese, at least not seriously. The words feel so awkward. Maybe Chinese people don't really express love? I'm not sure, but I just feel no emotion attached to the Cantonese "I love you." Even if someone says it, I can only imagine a significant other (S.O.) saying those words and not a parent, relative, or friend. I wonder how they do it in Chinese only-speaking families. I'm going to guess that a lot of them don't say "I love you." Just a guess.. Same goes for Mandarin "I love you," but that seems a bit softer... (Please, no comments about Mandarin being a 'softer' dialect.. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)... still, I can only imagine a S.O. saying that, if even that! Then again, how many of us even exchange the words "I love you" with our family and friends??? How many people have even muttered the words "I love you"??? I think I can think of at least a few people who've probably NEVER said those words to someone... Sometimes people feel "I love you" is overused, overplayed, but I just don't think the Chinese (whatever dialect it may be) "I love you" can ever be overused. :)
Someone sent me a bunch of Halloween pictures.. Yay! I'm semi-prepared for Halloween. I haven't carved nor purchased a pumpkin yet. I'll have to set a date for that.. maybe during my imaginery Fall Break... =P As for Halloween costumes, I've half-jokingly decided to be Babs Bunny from Tiny Toons. I've got my bunny ears, pink sweats, and pink hoodie. Now all I need to do is make a cotton ball tail, and I'm all set!
I hope Arnold can change things for the better. I also hope he makes that damn DMV registration cost go down! Less taxes! Let's see.. what else... besides the budget crisis, etc?