I can't get myself to study... If you haven't heard Trish Thuy Trang's "All This Time" and "I'll Dream Of You," check it out. That's my song(s) recommendation of the day. If you plan on watching "Kill Bill" don't read this entry. =)
This movie was too gory for my liking, but I can see why some people would like it and others hate it. The story is very simple: revenge, but it's the way the story is told that's interesting and maybe even unique (at least from the movies that I usually watch). I didn't really want to watch the movie because the previews didn't appeal to me, so even a few minutes into the movie, I was already really disturbed by the horror. However, now that I've watched Vol 1, I probably have to watch Vol 2 to see how it ends. The ending was very sudden and will probably make you want to watch Vol 2.
One of the scenes that I'm thinking about now and how it relates to reality is the scene where Uma Thurman comes out of her coma in time to see her 'coma' body being sold for 20 minutes of sexual fun to some disgustingly horny man. This scene reminds me of the horrible stories I hear in the news. There was this girl in a coma that got pregnant, and the hospital staff and family were horrified. A hospital employee was suspected. I think there was also all this drama because they were debating whether to give the girl an abortion or not. I also saw this story being played out in "Law & Order: SVU," I think. Anyway, I think some people are so disturbed. They have to 'do' people in comas?! Sickos. I've also heard about employees at senior care centers that sexually abuse the elderly. Some people are so, so, so sickening. They also make the really good and caring employees look bad.