Happy Birthday, BabyBlue!
I still haven't found that sticker that disappeared mysteriously last month...
Loneliness in old age... You spend 75 years of your life with someone, and one day, they're gone from you (death). That must be such a horrible, horrible feeling. I feel happy when I see older couples holding hands when they walk around. I'm happy to know that love doesn't need to fade with age or time. Love, in fact, can get stronger. Oftentimes I see the husband or wife walking ahead of the other as they perused. However, every now and then, I see an older couple holding hands, smiling at each other... even after so many years, they are still very much in love and can only see one another. Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic and am imagining things... I was asked a question, which I can't remember verbatim, but I think it was something about what makes me smile... I remember the answers were: a) a young couple going at it on a bench, b) a young couple playing with their newborn, c) an older couple smiling at each other. I picked c. Back to my initial statement, even after all that love, there will still be loneliness in the end. I guess I could put it in a more optimistic way... at least you had love for such a long time, but putting it that way still doesn't make it any more cheerier. I'm not pessimistic, but I'm merely stating that they must be so lonely... maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they're not. Just my random thoughts for the day/night.