BLOG: SHORT
In response to my Mon, Aug 25 entry, my friend said: It sounds like you've got your heart bent on being dissapointed. To which I replied: Just preparing myself to be disappointed... it helps a lil bit.. not much.. but at least I'm not gonna be foolish enough to think that it'll be the way I want it to be..
Some men can't seem to understand women's sizes. I usually buy shirts that are XS or S, and they fit great because I'm a relatively skinny person. However, I'm also tall, so guys seem to get confused by that... When I was in high school, my best friend bought me a CK shirt. Now, most of you probably know that CK BABY TEES are meant to be tight and snugly on the female body, but I guess my best friend didn't know. He's male by the way. So, he bought me an EXTRA LARGE, and I ask him why he chose that particular size. His response was that the other shirts looked too small. He didn't realize they were supposed to be small. This humorous tale came to mind because of an incident yesterday. Symon asked his friend, Tom, to help my brother buy a T-shirt because Tom happened to be in that area. So when Symon spoke to Tom later, Tom said that he wasn't sure if the shirt was for me or for Symon. Tom had apparently called Symon a few times to see if I had wanted the Women Large or the Male Large. At the time, Symon thought that made sense... until I said, WHAT?! Tom thinks I fit a LARGE??? So when I talked to Tom, he said that he didn't know how females fit into clothing [sure guys.. you know how to take them off, but you don't know how girls pick their sizes. ;) ]... He said I was tall. Apparently guys think that you buy sizes according to length rather than width. Oh... while writing this blog... I'm reminded of yet another instance when a guy friend bought me a Large shirt that could have fit two other people also.