BLOG: SEMI-LONG (FOUR SEASONS)
I love all four seasons. Right now I'm thinking about WINTER. A lot of people don't like Winter because that's when the air is colder and there's rain... but I love Winter. I was born during Winter, but I don't know if that has anything to do with my appreciation. I look forward to Christmas! I realize that I'm enjoying the commercialized version, but I love that holiday... I can't explain it, but there's something about the lights and decorations that put a smile on my face. I love looking at how creative people can get, and the Christmas spirit seems to put many people in a very good mood. My family has Christmas traditions that I cherish. I look forward to them every year. Getting presents is always cool. :) I love shopping for presents, although there were a few years when I was in undergrad that I felt stressed out about gifts since I started Winter Break the weekend before Christmas! I love the twinkle in people's eyes as they shop for last minute gifts on Christmas Eve, or maybe it's sweat from being so nervous they have not yet found a gift for their loved ones. People's seem to even walk a bit lighter as they prepared to get off from work to go home to their family... and then there are those who have no family to spend Christmas with, but I'll save that for another day. A week later, it's time for a New Year's CELEBRATION! Foreign country trips, weekend snowboarding trips, large groups of people, and the countdown... 10, 9, 8... 1! I've witnessed kisses, proposals, a dog lapping water from my hotel room toilet, etc. on New Year's Eve/Morning. Then there's my birthday and Chinese New Year's! More presents and money!
SPRING rolls around, and flowers start to bloom... the grass is greener, the trees are filled with leaves... love is in the air. (Although in my case, love seems to loom around Wintertime.) People are just happier in general...
Then comes SUMMER, which means a few months away from the stressful life of school (YES!.. until I stop...)! Summer means that people have more time and are usually more relaxed... ready to party at call. I am especially lazy during the summertime! The sun is out making us more tired than ever... The daylight lasts longer... parties are everywhere... and much, much, much more time for trips and new things!
Then there is FALL. Summer barely comes to an end, and we have to start school all over again... (at least we get to have a few months of break unlike those who do work... enjoy this freedom while it lasts!) School is always fun the first hour until assignments and thoughts of midterms and finals ruin what happiness you felt the night before the first day of school. I like the Fall air. Leaves are falling, and when you step on the leaves, they make crunchy sounds. I look forward to Halloween. I don't care what you say or how old I may be, Halloween is fun. :) I like the non-scary Halloween movies. =Þ Then Winter comes around again...
Oh, and if you haven't heard "Dance With My Father" (Luther Vandross), check it out.