I think I should start categorizing my blog entries: LONG
My July 4th weekend - Only complaint: lack of sleep!
So Friday started off nice and slowly... chilled some, then got ready to watch fireworks. From my location, I was able to catch about 8 firework shows. Even though the fireworks were from a distance, they still looked beautiful. Afterwards, I went to my uncle's house, and we ate the ice cream and drinks we were supposed to munch on while watching fireworks. However, since it was so cold, we waited until we were inside the house. He turned on ESPN for us, and the spelling bee championship was on, so we ended up watching that... and participating in it. We tried to spell the words before they spelled it... we didn't get single word spelled correctly, although we came close a few times (one letter wrong). Those words are hard! The youngest kid was in 3rd grade, and he was 8 years old. He was competing with 14 year old 8th graders. He didn't end up winning, but he was top 5! My brother kept saying, "Man.. this is sad.. it's Fourth of July, and I'm watching the Spelling Bee Championship..." It was so corny that it was fun(ny). I'd have to say it was quite an experience. :) I left when it was over and headed over to a party in San Francisco. By this time, it was already July 5th, but party on! The party was alright, but it was a nice way to wind down a good day. I got to drive 3 drunk guys home... =? One kept screaming that he wanted the window open because he needed air, or he was going to throw up. He also was screaming that he wanted to listen to a Jay Chow cd rather than the house that 94.9 was playing. The other guy in the backseat was really cold because the first guy had his windows rolled all the way down, so he used my hoodie to wrap around his head. The other two guys kept yelling Osama, and then they proceeded to use my digital camera to take lots of pictures of Osama and themselves.. once I upload the pictures, I'll try to post them. Anyway, so Osama was complaining that he was too cold, and so was I, so while I was driving (not well, since it was so dark [bad eyesight], and it wasn't my car), I had to fight with window guy via rolling the window up and trying to kiddie lock it. I managed to succeed. Anyway, that was definitely an interesting 45 minute drive.
On my way to dinner, I passed by the Oakland Coliseum, and I remembered that they were going to have fireworks after the baseball game. As I was getting on to the freeway, I saw the fireworks, so we parked on a street and got front row seats from across the freeway. The fireworks were so beautiful.. it went on for about 45 minutes. They had smiley face fireworks, too!!! I was wondering if people would get into accidents, but a lot of people just pulled off to the shoulder to watch the fireworks.
Sunday was a nice and chill day, too. I videotaped a group of friends playing baseball, but I didn't catch the one guy that hit a grand slam. Oops... I met this really nice girl there, who was a total lifesaver. Before I left for the game, I thought about bringing a magazine, but I didn't get a chance to buy one. While we were parked, the girl came over to me and asked me if I wanted "Cosmopolitan." Then, she drove me to a bathroom when I needed to use it... how nice is that for someone I just met! =)
I had a nice weekend. Time to plan next week. I'm making the most of my summer before my practicum and school starts all over again... BLAH!