|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Wednesday, July 16, 2003

BLOG: LONG



I was reading this awesome forum, which I think all of you should check out, when I came across some posts that I wanted to blog about. A girl on the forum wants to make her boyfriend an anniversary gift. Here are HER ideas: 1) Hand embroider him a pair of gloves or socks, or underwear with our initials, 2) Write him a song and sing it out for him on that special day, 3) Write him a poem, 4) Fold him a thousand birds, stars. If you have any suggestions, please give them to her here.



So I started to search for gift ideas to help her out... and I found this from another poster in another thread: Ok guys, pay attention. This will score you major points that you could redeem for a free trip to her bedroom. Two words "arts" and "crafts". Girls dig this shit up. I'm serious. You get a box or jar of some sort. Decorate it with pretty wallpaper; cutesy stuff like hearts and flowers on it even. Then fill the box up with rose petals. Hide inside the box a homemade bracelet. If you can knit, you've got it made. Knit her a clubbing shirt or a thong. Seal the box with a kiss. I'm serious. Put on some lipstick and kiss the box so that you leave a kiss mark. Then give it to her and watch the surprised look on her face. I call this gift "instant score". Don't ever tell me I never give you guys anything. If you are interested in reading more gift ideas like these, go here.



Hmm.. wow.. this guy is so right... if some guy knit me a clubbing shirt or thong, he'd definitely win me over... =? Ok, jokes aside, it's hard making gifts for guys.. a lot of them just aren't into the same things us girls are.. writing a song and singing it for us might make us swoon, and we'd think personal poems are sweet, especially coming from our significant other. I admit, the song writing/singing, piano-playing, poem-writing, origami-folding thing makes many girls happy, myself included, because we love the thought that THEY spent time on it for US. However, non-sensitive guys might not enjoy these things... Why must gift-giving be so complicated? One of my classmates goes through the Victoria Secret catalog and marks everything that she'd want, then she gives it to her boyfriend to buy for her. I think that when anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas, or other days that require gifts should be handled exactly that way... straightforward. MAKE ME A LIST! Hmm.. but then what happens to the surprise... and the thought and hard work that goes into picking a gift??? Argh.. leave me out of this one. Well.. it's okay... I'm happy with whatever gift I get because that person picked it out for me.. I must say though.. getting my own web domain was one of the best gifts ever. Did this blog help anyone?

// posted by Jen @ 4:19 PM

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com