So on my recent trip to LA, I was able to observe the relationship that my friends (they're a group) have. Although they went to different colleges and were apart for a few years, they still remain very, very good friends since elementary school! They have other friends, but that group remains the core group. They are a bunch of easygoing guys who are down to do pretty much everything together, within reason. I miss having a group of friends like this. I have a few groups of good girl friends, but we don't see each other that often...maybe now that they're graduating from college, I'll finally get to see them more. As for my other girl groups.. we've drifted apart throughout the years.. we got together a few times last year and this year, but I haven't seen them or talked to them in a few months. Good groups of friends doesn't require it to be all of the same sex, but I've never really had a core group of guys and girls in a group. It was usually a bunch of girls and one guy or something. I'm not complaining, just contemplating. When it comes to guy friends... it's a bit more complex... it really, really, really sucks when you think you're really close to him, he likes you, and then distances himself from you because you don't want a relationship, and then that friendship is over.. He never talks to you again. The end. You can't really blame him, since it's probably the same advice you'd give your friend if the person she has her eyes on didn't want a relationship.. the way for her to get over him is distance, I suppose. However, this trend is starting to suck. Appreciate the friendship while you have it.