My friend thinks that after one or two years with someone, you'll know if you want to marry that person or not.. agree or disagree? I think, simply put.. you could have a general sense of whether you two are compatible.. in the more complex version, how do we ever know if we married the "right one" or not?
School this term is by far the most stressful. I feel like I'm not grasping the material very well.. I'm more anxious to leave class than usual. Maybe it's the Spring Thing. Maybe it's the sun. I don't know. I can't wait until the term is over, and I pass it, of course. I can't wait until this weekend!
Here's something I read in Psychology Today (June 2003) that I liked. I thought I'd share it with you: It is the stuff of nightmares: trapped in an immobilized body, unable to move a finger or bat an eyelid, yet with sight and hearing and thought undiminished. The impulse to whisper, "I love you," or to scream, "I am in pain," is smothered by one's own unresponsive muscles. To the outside world, you are all but dead. Inside, you burn with life. This article is referring to people that live in severe/total paralysis or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease).
I remember watching a movie about people like this. I can't remember the name of it, but it was sad. I think Robert DeNiro was in it, but I'm not sure. I saw this 5 years ago. The patients were locked-inside their bodies, unable to communicate, until this one doctor figured out a way. Then the patients were able to dance, talk, etc. However, the medication only lasted for a brief time, and once again, the patients were locked inside their bodies.