I had a great weekend. I left for LA Friday morning and arrived early afternoon. The drive down was hot. The car was 111 at one point and simmered down to 107. We couldn't turn the air conditioner on for fear of overheating the car, so we just beared it. However, the weather in LA wasn't very hot. It was actually sort of cool. We all wore long sleeves. My friends took us out to eat at Green Street Restaurant (Pasadena) when we arrived. I had a really good chicken, avocado, mushroom, sour cream, etc sandwich, but I don't remember where I've had it before. One of my friends highly recommends the Diana Salad. I think that's what it is called. Afterwards, we headed over to my friend's dad's salon to visit him where he was hard at work, and which is also where I learned the difference between a Brazilian Bikini wax and a Playboy Bikini wax. Next, they took us to Old Town Pasadena to look at shops. Afterwards, we went back to the hotel, and we played Scrabble until it was time for dinner. We ate dinner at Cafe Bizou, a French restaurant. They didn't have escargots, but our meal was still very good. I had a good whitefish dish. Next, we went to Speedzone for some go-kart racing and arcade games. Speedzone is really cool. There are about four different types of racing (I don't know the correct terms): drag racing, timed racing, some slippery racing thing, and racing against other people. We got free mini golf passes, too, but didn't have enough time to do that.
On Saturday, we started off with breakfast burritos in Pasadena, and then headed over to Disneyland for 12 hours of fun! I was afraid we'd have to wait a long time for rides since it was Memorial Weekend, but the lines weren't too bad, and we made use of the Fast Passes. We went on most of the rides: The Jungle Cruise, The Haunted Mansion, Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes, Indiana Jones Adventure, Splash Mountain twice, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (new ride!), Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Star Tours, Disneyland Railroad, and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. We watched the fireworks, "Honey, I Shrunk The Audience" and visited Innoventions. Pirates of the Caribbean was closed, and Space Mountain is closed until 2005. The line for Matterhorn Bobsleds was too long. =( I had a really good time in Disneyland. I hadn't been there since 2001. We took some funny pictures on Splash Mountain... The weather was cool once again. Most of us were wearing long-sleeved shirts. I thought it was going to rain. Good thing it wasn't hot, or else they wouldn't have been able to last 12 hours at Disneyland.. oh no!
We played basketball first thing Sunday morning, and then headed over to Monterey Park for some dim sum at Sam Woo Seafood. Everything, different-sized dishes, was $1.60. Apparently there wasn't that much business because of the SARS scare, so they had this great deal. This was also the location where I taught the guys about serving chopsticks. =Þ Afterwards, we walked around the Chinese shopping plaza, and then went shopping at Glendale Galleria. Then we said good bye to the guys and headed over to San Diego. We had dinner in Pacific Beach at Gringo's, a Mexican restaurant. My shrimp quesadilla was pretty good, but I was getting really sick of shrimp by the time I was done with my meal. There was so much, and I had eaten so much shrimp during dim sum because Jon and Ben wanted all the shrimp items. After dinner, we went to Ocean Beach to go to the Suncoast Bar. I only had a 7-Up, but after seeing how they cleaned the glasses, I decided never to drink anything at a bar again. =Þ I was half asleep by the time we left the bar, but we checked out University of San Diego before the "night" was over. The campus is really beautiful. It's a private university, and tuition is about $35,000/year. It's located on a hill, so while we were driving to Simp's friend's place, we saw these beautiful buildings. The architecture is great. I know nothing about architecture, so all I can say is it looked great. It was pretty cool that night, too. I was cold.
I woke up after noon on Monday, and we had great burgers at Hodad's in Ocean Beach. Then we checked out Sunset Cliffs before we said good bye to San Diego. We stopped off in Burbank for some gas and also bought some stuff at Fry's. Then we at the best Sizzler's in the world before heading back home. We finally got home around 1AM.
I had a great trip. I didn't think about anything... so now I guess I better get started on my homework because blah... I have school tomorrow. Sigh. I'm so ready for summer. One more long month of school... Hmm.. what's next?