|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Saturday, April 19, 2003

Spring Break has been good so far...! I went to Monterey to shop, eat, and visit the Aquarium, which was nothing like I remembered. I just remembered it to be such an awesome place, but it was still fun! There's really beautiful picture spots in Monterey. I'll try to post some pictures up when I get around to creating an album. I've been really enjoying my road trips, and I hope to have more during Spring Break. If not road trips, then at least trips! I also stopped by Santa Cruz, which I've only been to a few times: once or twice when I was a kid to go to the Boardwalk, and the year before to go fishing. I didn't realize Santa Cruz was such a small, country-type town. I stopped by the dorms, which really made me reminisce about Davis dorms (ahh.. you know how much I loved dorm year!). I'd never been to UCSC, and the campus is pretty cool. Lots of trails, trees, and on-campus shuttles (very cool). I felt like I was in the middle of Yosemite. I walked around Downtown, and it reminded me completely of Davis, except Davis seems more modern, in terms of the style of the houses and the shops that are around. After that was a party... I met some people and ended up drinking with them... I think that's the first time I drank with people I had just met. I turn way too red when I drink. I kept tapping my face, and one guy said, "It's okay. It's the Asian Glow." No thank you. I've never seen anyone turn as red as I do. =Þ It doesn't matter how much I drink, I'm going to be red. If I drink slowly, I think I don't turn red until after the third drink, but if I'm taking shots, I'll be beet-red by shot 2 (70+ Proof). Anyway, enough drinking these last four months by MY standards, so no more drinking until Ut gets his back brace off, and then we can party like it's a Velvet 1015. ;) Can you believe I still haven't purchased any alcohol using my ID??? My drinks are always paid for by my friends- thank you! Not that I mind, of course. ;) Maybe I'll go buy alcohol for someone tomorrow... By the way, Smirnoff (Green Apple) is not bad! I love Green Apple hard candy, and I can definitely taste a bit of it.

// posted by Jen @ 11:06 PM

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com