|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Sunday, April 27, 2003

My friend asked me to go to a bar on Friday. She just needed a good night at the bar, so I agreed because I hadn't seen her in a while. I called up some friends, and 18 of us ended up hanging out there. I spent over 3 and a half hours at Gordon Biersch, a brewery restaurant. This time's experience was much better than the last. So much for not drinking until Youtea's back gets better. =) I didn't drink much though. I didn't even get buzzed. Since my friend wanted to go to the bar and have a good time, I told her to get a LC. She's never had one, so her boyfriend ordered it for her. She's supposed to take the shot in one big gulp, of course, but she was sipping it like champagne. We tried to explain to her that she was supposed to gulp it down, but she couldn't. So, finally when she was done with it (like an hour later), she got drunk. I handed her some mints, and she grabbed air. Then she started talking to an empty chair, which was where I was, but had moved. We were quite amused, but LC is for a good time. =) After she drank it, her boyfriend told us that one time when he had a shot of tequila, he let her drink the rest of it, which was very little, and she got drunk off that... He knew that, but let her drink LC. Oh well, it was an experience for her, and she seemed to have sobered up pretty quickly. Her body did have a lot of time to absorb that LC. She's 4'10", and I had never drank with her, but she told me she drank a lot on her 21st (two years ago) and was fine.

So one of my other girlfriends has to leave early, and she wants to give the waiter her number. So, she writes it on a one-dollar bill and leaves it with our restaurant bill. After she leaves and everyone has paid up... I figured the waiter wouldn't see the number, and even if he did, he wouldn't know it was for him or what not. So, I gave him the dollar and told him my friend wanted him to have her number.

After Gordon Biersch, we went to two more bars. On our way to the second bar, we had an incident. I was in the car with 4 guys, 3 of whom are Chinese. The other guy might be Persian... Anyway, we're at a stoplight and we all finally realize that a Caucasian passenger in the next car was talking to us or his driver. He was talking out the window, and he said, ".... Look, it's a car full of Chinks. SARS. SARS." Then he rolled up his window quickly. My friend got pretty mad and cut the guy off, but the Caucasian guys were driving pretty slowly. I didn't realize the other guys were mad. I heard it and just reacted with "Huh? Ok... That was stupid and racist." I knew that was coming though... I mean, I know a lot of people are obviously going to think that when they see Chinese (Asian) people because the whole SARS thing originated in Asia (Hong Kong, China).

There was a hilarious incident when my friend came to pick me up. I was trying to push the chair forward so that I could get in the back, but then I pushed the wrong button, and the chair moved up higher (as in moved vertically). My friend was trying to get the chair to move forward at the same time I pressed the wrong button, so his arm got smashed by the chair. I felt so bad, but the whole thing was hilarious, so I couldn't stop laughing for a good five minutes. Sorry... I felt really bad though. I hope his arm is okay. =Þ

So that was my Friday. I had a great Friday.

Saturday was my friend's birthday get-together at Rainforest Cafe. That place is overrated, but it was an experience. There's not really that many props to look at it. I'd say that it's a Hard Rock Cafe with less things to look at. The food wasn't spectacular, but it was good. I highly recommend the Blue Crab Dip. YUMMY! I even ate black and red chips, which I don't really like eating) because the dip was so good.

So far the weekend has been good, but today is going to be slow... I have one more week of Spring Break before I have a hardcore less than two months of Summer Session. What shall I do...? Party with me.

// posted by Jen @ 12:32 PM

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com