I played almost three hours of basketball today. That felt so good. I haven't played ball in such a long time. I didn't care that some kid fouled me so hard that my arm felt like it broke in half... it still hurts, but I took it. I didn't even punch him. ; ) I didn't even care that my feet got stepped on or that my other arm got scraped hard by the ball.. it's part of the game, and it just felt
good to play. My endurance has definitely decreased from my younger years, but sometimes when I play, I forget all about it, and I can go on and on, like the Energizer Bunny. I'm hoping that I'll build up my endurance. It's been years since the days when I'd play at least two hours of basketball per day. I didn't play very well today or the past few times for that matter, but this one man kept complimenting me. At first when we weren't playing with him, he stood behind me and told me that I had really good shots and that I had such strength in my shots. I was scoring the three-pointers, so maybe that's why he was "impressed." I missed other shots, but I don't know if he noticed or was just trying to get me to play with them. Anyway, so we played a 12-people game. After the game, which I played quite crappy, (I scored the first point though! =) ) this man comes up to me again to ask me what I'm doing nowadays. I tell him a little about graduate school, and he tells me that I played really well. He's quite delusioned. Anyway, I just smiled and thanked him, all the while telling him that I wasn't playing well. I honestly don't feel I was playing very well. If anything, I'm definitely not playing the way I used to. Also, I could've done a better job for my team. Sigh. Anyway, he asked me how I got to play "so well", and I told him I guess it's because of my dad, who took me out to play ball every Sunday when I was younger. He still goes and plays ball with my brother, but I'm too lazy to get up sometimes. I know that at one point in my life, I was actually good at basketball, but those years have come and gone. Anyway, he wants to know HOW my dad taught me how to play basketball. I guess he's trying to find a way to teach his son, so I just said I used to play A LOT. Anyway, playing basketball feels really good. I am really happy that I'm on my feet, being active in some sense, and just doing something that I love. I hope to make this a routine.