|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

Monday, March 31, 2003

I had a great weekend. I went to Reno and snowboarded in Boreal with my friends. It was my first road trip with friends, so that was an awesome experience. We left the Bay Area in the afternoon and stopped by Davis before we headed up to Reno. I think all of us are really compatible, so we got along great and had lots of laughs, especially when we were playing the game "Moods." Ever played it? Basically you are assigned a mood, like "angry" or "sleazy" by the roll of a die, and then you pick up a card with a saying, like "The British are coming! The British are coming!" or "I look so good in hot pants." From there, you have to say those sentences with the mood that you were assigned, and everyone guesses which mood you are portraying. Anyway, no one wanted to gamble, so I saved myself some money, I think. We all won stuffed animals at Circus Circus, and those CARE BEARS that I'm so crazy about were there. Hehe... they are sooo cute. So the next day around noon we left for Boreal. I had sooo much fun. =P I got bruised already on the first run, and the funny thing is... it was from the ski lift. Hehe. Anyway, there wasn't a single time that I didn't fall, but at least I got halfway down the hill before falling. I went a few times with my friends, and then they all left me to go on the intermediate hills. They'd all been there at least three times, so I was the only newbie. I tried to go snowboarding alone, but I was stopped each time by friendly snowboarders. I fell hard a lot. One of the guys just talked to me on the way up. I was waiting in line to get on the ski lift, and then some Korean guy told me to go ahead because he was waiting for his girlfriend. So, I went ahead, and next thing I knew, I was on the ski lift with his friend. That was confusing. I didn't talk to him after I got up to the top. When I eventually got to the bottom of the hill, I just sat down to catch my breath, and this Caucasian guy started talking to me while I was sitting on my snowboard. He went downhill with me twice. I didn't expect for him to stick by my side the whole time, but he did. I would zoom down the hill unintentionally, and then each time I fell, there he was... trying to pick me up and give me advice. I heard that snowboarders are usually really friendly. Anyway, these guys probably felt sorry for me. How embarrassing... hahaha. My body is sore!

// posted by Jen @ 9:31 PM

|home|about|albums|archive|forum|

© 2003-2007 Devipz.com