God sends angels!
Today was a pretty high-stress day. The interview itself wasn't actually that high-stress. It was the events of the afternoon... Around 4PM, I got home and decided to finally take a look at the mail that I had only glanced over the past few weeks. One of them was the courses registration bulletin, which I had read and saw that I registered for courses next week. For some reason, I picked it up to look at and realized that I had to give the Director of Student Services this slip that told them my form of payment so that I could register for classes the following week. I immediately called the school and the Assistant of the Director told me that the payment form was indeed due TODAY and that they were closing in 20 minutes. They were closing at 4:30PM, and my clock read 4:10PM. It normally takes me 30 minutes to get to school, so I fly out of my house. I realized that I'm definitely not going to make it in 20 minutes. I would be lucky if I made it in an hour! Traffic was AWFUL. I made it to school a minute before 5PM, and the Director of Student Services is standing by the door about to leave. I'm so lucky that she was in the midst of a conversation. I'm even luckier because everyone else left at 4:30PM! I sheepishly hand her my slip and luckily she doesn't give me a lecture for being so irresponsible. Instead, she looks at my name and says, "You're the one with the incredibly handwriting!" I had forgotten that she had complimented my handwriting once before when I turned in a previous semester's registration forms. So, I drove an hour to school just to drop off one little form. No complaints... it's my own fault, but I was pretty ack the whole drive there- worrying about if I'd make it before they locked the doors to the school. I spent all of one minute at school, and then hit the road again to go back home... which yes, took another hour. I could've been halfway to Tahoe by then! Once I got home, I drove another hour back and forth to meet up with my friend and to pick up my brother. I guess the only real high-stress part was getting my form in time. I was still pretty late since they won't be able to take care of it until Monday morning.
I was really lucky today... If I hadn't (for some reason) picked up that payment form, I wouldn't have got it in today. If the Director had left at 4:30 with the rest of her staff, I wouldn't have caught her. If traffic had been even worse and I arrived at school after 5PM, I wouldn't have even been able to drop it off. I thank my lucky stars.