I sent off my practicum application packets at 9 A.M. today. Yah! Wish me luck...!
Sometimes I just can't make myself initiate things... like, no matter how much I want to or want it, I just can't get myself to do something about it. Why? I'm not sure, but it's probably the fear of something. Lately I've found myself to be really happy... (Ut, all that praying paid off? Haha.) I'm enjoying life, spending more time with my friends, and not worrying or thinking too much. I like how my life is now. I should always enjoy life; it's a gift to me... (Ben, I think your corniness is rubbing off. Hehe. JK) I've told my friend TWICE that I'm happy, and each time, he asks, "Did someone ask you to marry him?" No... However, marriage? Geez.. that's a long, long, LONG way from now.
I made a list of things I wanted to buy at the mall... I bought one item, and it wasn't even something that was on my list. Sigh. I'm going to need to shop hardcore this weekend.
I got praised by my peers and professor in class on Tuesday. I'm not really sure why... Our professor started hardcore interviewing us in class to prepare us for practicum interviews. He just shot questions at every one of us randomly. After I answered a few of them, I heard my classmates gasping and saying things like, "You're so ready for this interview." "Can you write down our answers for us?" "You are good." Then my professor told everyone that they should use my tone for the interview... I was a bit embarrassed and confused because I had no clue as to what I did or what I said that deserved their praise. I answered some more questions, and then they praised me again. When my professor was wrapping up the session, he told everyone again that they should use my tone (he said something about how it sounded genuine). As I was leaving class, one of my classmates (an older woman who has a psychology practice in her own country; however, living in the US requires her to get her Dr. here to practice) stopped me to tell me that I was very ready for the interview. Then my professor came out of the classroom and told me I gave excellent responses. I'm confused.. I really am. I'm doing something that seems to be getting praised by them, but I can't figure out what it is! Maybe it's better that I don't know??????? Maybe it's a conspiracy...